Thursday 7 September 2017

Hungry

Please read my story. I hope you will enjoy it!
At a Restaurant
My family decided to go to a restaurant to eat dinner after our uncomfortable walk in the park. The restaurant wasn’t busy at that moment when we first arrived. But there were steam coming out of the kitchen that made me follow the delicious smell of food. We settled down at an appropriate size table with six of us in each wooden chairs. My Dad,Mum, my sister, my uncle my cousin and me. I watched the assistants move around us giving us one large chunk of ice that was like a big glistening crystal, sitting in one large glass. A kind lady asked us if we wanted drinks. I was surprised that Coke and Pepsi was available. I wanted coke. All of us except Dad wanted coke. They were all served in bottles but the glass was  for the coke so I undid the lid and poured the coke in the glass. It was bubbling and gurgling while I was sitting there, intrigued by the sound. A lady gave us straws. Later we had a look at the menu, and we chose a family size chicken dish. At that stage the chicken was alive, so the waiting time was thirty minutes. So in that time they had to kill the chicken and cook it. Dad did ask if it was a young one or an old one, and he was assured it was a young tender one that weighed two kilos. While we were waiting patiently  we had a fried rice dish which was superb, so we had that along with our drinks we ordered earlier. The rice was tossed with different herbs and was served with a collection of different sauces  and vegetables. Anyway, the chicken appeared out of nowhere. Some of it was fried and the rest of it was shredded and incorporated in a salad. We were there for about an hour and a half, around that time. Before we left, a group of 20 strange men  and one woman arrived at a long table next to us. They were very rowdy and we were told they had just finished work for the day and in doing so, they ended up very happy and content. There was a lot of noise and we were told there was nothing for us to be concerned about. Suddenly, with my own eyes as I looked up in the dusky sky there over the horizon, was a very orange moon which my dad thought looked like a mandarin. It was very orange like heated fire. In New Zealand we have a white glowing moon, but in Vietnam (hear is a fact) they have an orange moon because the earth’s atmosphere is unique at this time of year in this hot country. I thought it was VERY interesting so did my Dad (mind you he thinks LOL means Lovely Old Ladies and SOS means Silly Old Sod. But that’s another story). At the time it wasn’t funny but since I’ve been writing this story and laughing about it maybe it was...


THE END

23 comments:

  1. I like that you used decripted language and capital letters and full stop in this really long and good story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Odin for your comment. I'm happy you thought it was a good long story!

      Eden.

      Delete
  2. Hello Eden!
    I think that this is a really great story! I like how you have said who was all there and added a fact in. It sounds like you are having a really good time, in my opinion I don't really think that you have anything to change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tyrell!
      I'm happy you loved my story! I did have a good time and everyone did at school! Please know that I have miss everyone in class and tell Ms Wilton I miss her too.
      Eden :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Eden,
    I really like this story about when you ate at a restaurant. I also like that your story that uses lots of descriptive words like the dusky sky there over the horizon. Next time maybe you could organise your story into paragraphs. I hope that you are having a fun time in Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amiele!
      Thank you for your feedback. I know I should've done my work in paragraphs. But I did enjoy writing this story and I did enjoy the food at the restaurant. Have a great time at school

      Eden

      Delete
  4. Hi Eden, hope your still having great fun in Vietnam and it sounds absolutely amazing that their moon is orange. The language and words you've used in your writing is really descriptive and used wisely. Maybe you could take a picture of the moon? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annabelle!
      I'm happy you thought that in Vietnam the moon is orange and that it intrigued you! I don't know if I can take the picture of the moon since I didn't take my phone which was silly of me. But I will try!
      Eden

      Delete
  5. Hi Eden,
    This is a lovely story and i think it is very descriptive. I so funny how your dad thinks SOS means silly old sod. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun in vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brielle!
      I'm happy you thought my story was funny! My Dad is a funny man and I enjoyed him very much. But sometimes as I think about it I miss being with my friends like you and everyone in the class. But I will smile and have a great time.

      Eden

      Delete
  6. Hi Eden ,
    I really like your story about your adventures in vietnam .
    It's not good that you had an uncomfortable walk in the park before you had the lovely tender chicken and rice dish . I like how you are still associating with school while you are on holiday .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikita!
      I am happy you thought my writing about my adventures was good and likable. I was having trouble with bugs flying around me because I had a lot of insect bites that was why it was uncomfortable.

      But I will be alright,
      Eden

      Delete
  7. Hi Eden,
    This is a lovely story and very descriptive.It was funny when your Dad thinks SOS means Silly Old Sod.It sounds like your having a great time in Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nathan,
      I am happy you thought it was a lovely story. Yes it was funny when my dad thought SOS was silly old sod! I laughed when he said that. I hope you did.

      Kind regards Eden

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Hello Eden,
    While i was reading this, it was every good it made me want to eat and drink cola too; but on the way of reading this I saw mistakes like leaving two spaces of a word and not leaving a space after a comma, but still I like your story and how you put commas and full stops. Next time I think you should re-read your work just in case there is are missing things and spaces.

    Kind reagards
    Niel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Niel. I know. I was just in a hurry because my Mother was calling me to come see her. I was in a hurry. But I I'm happy you enjoyed the story so did everyone else.

      Eden

      Delete
    2. Oh and by the way, you forgot to add a capital I from your reply. I can see one mistake Niel. But I still loved your comment.

      Delete
  9. Hi Eden, hope your still having great fun in Vietnam and it i think that it is funny how your dad thinks SOS means silly old sod. xD xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Steffan!
      I am happy you thought the story was funny because my dad thought SOS was silly Old Sod. But it was actually save our souls but my dad is a funny man and I enjoyed being with him.
      Eden!

      Delete
  10. Hi Eden,
    That was a lovely story because it is descriptive words and it was funny what your dad said about lol and sos ,I hope you had a yummy meal .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kshema!
      I am content when you that the story is lovely and that I used descriptive words. I did have a yummy meal and I am happy you thought it was funny too!
      Eden!! :) :) :) ;)

      Delete
  11. Hi Everyone! I loved your comments. I did enjoy having a delicious meal! You guys are amazing thank you so much for your comments! It is really HOT in Vietnam. But I will get use to it! I am happy all of you loved my story! And Niel (I like my things set out my way. Like you said in your reply about my comment on your blog you want your things your way). But anyways thank you thank you for your comments! I hope that when I come back everyone is happy and I hope they are too!!!

    THANKS SO MUCH,
    Eden!

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.