Monday 18 September 2017

AT DUSK...

No Sleep but Write
17/09/2017
I’m writing this in early dusk. I forgot to write about my day because I was weary and needed rest, but I suddenly couldn’t sleep because I could hear the steady snore from my father who sounds as if he was from Sleepy Hollow. Some hours I could hear doors creaking and echoes of footsteps on the solid floors. As I was writing, the paper was making crunching noises, worried because my mother would wake up whispering to me to go back to sleep. Suddenly, I heard someone open the door with its groaning noise like the sound of doors in a haunted mansion. I shut my torch down for a minute, sitting very still like a scarecrow under the blanket, hearing the mysterious figure close the groaning door slowly yet steadily, with the grip of its bare hands at the door handle leaving the door ajar.


As the door was left ajar, I could hear the footsteps echo then slowly fade to its distance. I suddenly realized that it was my younger sister creeping in and out trying to be like a sly cat scurrying at night but I could instantly hear her as she slowly closes the door with its creaking. She got back into bed with her blanket on waiting for me to do the same. I wanted to write some more but my mother promptly spotted me under the blanket with my torch on writing this. I turned off my torch, closed my book then closing my eyes until I was drifted to Sleepy Hollow, until the night driftly goes on. Waiting for the morning to rise...  

I wrote another story about what happened at night or you could call it dusk. It was when I couldn't sleep and that I heard strange mysterious noises at the fall of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.