Friday 25 August 2017

My Country Vietnam

My Destination-Vietnam

Motorbikes blared and cars honked making the streets turn into a big traffic jam. It was like dodge-ball because everyone was going everywhere in fast speed. The cars made rumbling noises on the rocky and bumpy roads while the motorbikes made the ROMROM!!! Sound. The atmosphere was very humid  around 32 degrees! To me It was like 40! It must have been the humidity. I had no idea how people had gotten use to this scorching boiling weather. Of course I’m a New Zealander and I have NOT been to Vietnam before, even though I’m half Vietnamese, it was very humid for me because I’m a very warm person. My face started to bloom into a blush of pinky-red. My skin turned into a tan olive brown. All I needed was a good bottle of water!! I was that hot (and  still am) from this weather that I really needed something to drink. The sun was bright and hurting my eyes. It was so bright that it was like a big ball of light, flashing at me. I was going to meet my Grandma for the second time in person. Because most of the time was on the tablet or computer. When I  saw her she was crying with happy tears in her eyes. She’s a small woman but friendly and always kisses me and pulls my face. But I know in Vietnamese culture that means that a Grandma or Mother loves you when pulling faces. I had to try and understand her. Most times my Mum would translate what my Grandma would be saying. My Grandma was really surprised that I was a big girl and a lot taller than her.The last time I saw my Grandma was in Australia in Melbourne when I was around seven years when I first met her. She was a lovely woman and was filled with happiness and kindness. I saw in her bluey eyes that was like liquid water reflecting in the sun. It has been six years since I last saw my Granny. But unfortunately, my grandmother wasn’t well. But when I saw her she brightened up and I thought maybe I made a her a bit better. But she was really happy and content and was filled with love and laughter.

Hello everyone. Here is my story of when I saw my Grandma in Vietnam for the second time. I will write more about Vietnam but this is about my Grandma how she reacted when she saw me . Please comment because I'm in that country. I hope you will like the story!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Eden! What a great description of your first impression of Vietnam. I like how you compared Vietnam to New Zealand to allow the reader to understand the differences. The weather you described reminded me of summer in Korea - something I am glad I'm not experiencing anymore! I know this is from your point of view, but would you be able to describe how Sara might have been feeling, or her reaction as well?
    I can't wait to read your next instalment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done one for you too read already. Please enjoy and I loved your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eden,

    I really enjoyed your story, the description in your story brings out your experience you had taken, when a read the part where you needed a bottle of water, i could tell that it must have been Burning in Vietnam!. Maybe you could add your dad's reaction and thought on Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi marcus!

    I am happy you enjoyed my story about Vietnam. If you want to know what my dad's reaction was he was red like fire and sweating so much all you touch was water on his head. But my dad is a new Zealander like me. I don't blame him for getting hot it is the humidity. But he is ok now.

    kind regards Eden :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.