Tuesday 2 May 2017

My Musical Holiday of Joy and Peace


My Musical Holiday

I don’t know where to start. There was my Dad’s birthday and my Granddad's birthday. I watched movies and played my guitar. Walked to Wycola Park with my sister. Ate. Slept. The usual's. Let's start with my musical days in the holidays.It all started on Saturday when it was a thermal day and the sun was golden and shining.

I was at home in the living room (or what you could also call the ‘lounge’) playing my guitar. I played different songs on the guitar, e.g Walk the line by Johnny Cash, Tequila Sunrise by the Eagles,  Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash, Down in the Meadow by Marilyn Monroe, All Things Must Pass by George Harrison, Maggie Mae by The Quarry-men or a folk song and I saw her Standing There by the Beatles.



My Dad was there sitting on the red lazy boy couch which was red like scarlet watching TV. He was watching Coronation Street with his dark turquoise or ivy eyes glued to the screen like he wasn’t paying any intention to me. Like I was invisible or not even there. Moreover, I sat on the couch and played gently with my sore fingers even though they were aching while I was changing chords. I sang as well and finally my Dad caught my attention. He gave me a warm and comfortable smile. My Dad stood up to get something out of the cold fridge. My Dad’s tall. He’s 1.86 meters tall. He can reach things with his long massive arms. My Dad wears glasses now. They are black like sly cats that scurry in the night.
He came back to sit on the lazy boy couch which was red like sunset with a spoon in one hand and yogurt in the other. I played again and again not to mention my fingers were numb and feeling hard. So I stopped. My sister Sara was playing badminton. My Mum was out in the scorching sun gardening and talking to her friend on her phone. That’s what my mother loves doing. Going out with a soft mask on, digging out old forlorn flowers that were from last year or months before. I decided to listen to music next with my sky blue headphones on.

Music has been part of my life. I love music very much and want it in my future. Music makes me smile. It makes me feel satisfied. I love music because it calms my stress and it makes me relax. I also enjoy listening to Little Richard. His songs makes me want to dance like ‘Good Golly Miss Molly’ or ‘Rip it up’ or ‘Long Tall Sally’. Even songs by Duane Eddy e.g moovin' and groovin' and Raunchy. I love music because it tells you a story but put into a song. Like ‘Sidewalks Of New York’ even though the song is an old classic, I still enjoy it and it makes me feel comfortable like I’m in my comfortable Zone.
.

At school my class and I had to write about our holiday. We had to use the correct structure for our recount. I wrote about my musical days in the holidays. I love doing this because my strength is writing and I would love to share it to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.